CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER (ID# 16427) FERRYBRIDGE,
Category: Power Generation
Job Type: -
Minimum Experience: -
Required Education: -
CONTROL & iNSTRUMENTATION Engineer – Asset Management
Location: Ferrybridge, West yorkshire
Responsible to: Director - Asset Management
Purpose and objectives:
* To assist the Group Manager with the implementation and management of projects as part of the Plant Assessment team.
* A close working relationship is required with all members of the Asset Management team, together with interaction with colleagues for other Parsons Brinckerhoff and Balfour Beatty offices.
* When working on a client site interaction is also required with the client nominated representative.
* Undertake the lead role in the field of C&I engineering when working as part of the Asset Management assessment team.
* The candidate will preferably have acquired experience in the design, construction and operation of large power plant of different design and configurations and fuel types.
* Have specific experience in a number of the following fields would be expected.
Power Plant Operations and Maintenance
DCS Control Systems
PC based Control Systems
Data Historian Systems
Vibration Monitoring Systems
Electrical Protection Systems
Computer Hardware and Software Systems
Grid Code Compliance
Site Testing and Commissioning
* Undertaking the C&I role in technical due diligence activities
* Providing Lenders Engineer services on large new build / retrofit projects.
* Assist in the production of a Plant Status Document for an operational power plant, looking at the Operations, Maintenance and Commercial management of the plant throughout the complete life cycle.
* Carry out a DSEAR assessment on new build and operational power station, to ensure compliance with statutory legislation.
* Assist in producing a plant demolition report on the cost of demolition of the power plant at end of life.
* Audit of operational power plants for compliance with the Asset Management Standard PAS 55
* Carry out bespoke reviews on Technical, Commercial and Management systems
* To develop new clients and the group client base when the opportunities arise
* Whenever necessary deputise for the Plant Assessment Section Head, in the formulation of proposals and the management of selected projects.
* Degree in Electrical Engineering or Control & Instrumentation, working towards chartered status.
* A minimum of 5 years experience working on power plant C&I equipment is essential
* Fully conversant in the use of modern EC&I standards, materials and manufacturing technology for large machines and their auxiliaries
* A good working knowledge of control and protection systems
* A sound understanding on a broad range of power station Digital Control Systems (DCS), including hardware /software equipment and obsolescence options.
* An understanding of PI database historian systems and vibration monitoring systems
* Demonstrable experience and familiarity with process and engineering line diagrams, loop drawings, circuit and wiring diagrams
Health and Safety:
* Demonstrate compliance to both PB’s internal Zero Harm Safety Policy and client’s site specific Health and Safety Policies.
* Completion of the Parsons Brinckerhoff, Project Risk Assessment documentation and be aware of the need to continually assess risks as the work progresses.
Reporting is an integral part of the plant assessment activities with detailed reports being completed and issued to the client at the end of work. It is essential that all candidates are computer literate and are capable of producing coherent and technically sound reports, the reports being integral to maintaining intellectual property for our clients.
Specific Requirements of Role (e.g. driving licence, passport; mobility):
* Fully mobile within country of domicile with valid national driving licence
* Available for work in country of domicile and abroad with valid international passport
* Willingness to travel and/or work occasional weekends, national holidays and unsocial hours if required
* Good physical health to cope with travel and job related activities
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)